Last Friday was May Day
It is a festival in Hawaii, also called Lei Day.
The Elementary school does a annual performance.
This year both our girls got to perform! It was so fun to see them dressed up and dancing at the theater at the Polynesian Cultural Center
Keira and Jayden before it started :)
Kai with Daddy!
Keira loved her outfit!
Our little friend Kai who didn't look too stoked about it. But later when he was on stage he was the best one to watch! He was having a blast later :) ha ha, just love his little pout with those HUGE gorgeous eyes of his :)
She was so so excited about having a flower in her hair!!
Just so you get an idea... this is just one section out of five for the theater seating. The place was packed and the kids did awesome!!
This is the May Day court - elected by their class mates ( I think)
Each color represents the princess and prince of a different island
May Day King and Queen (?)
She did a dance dedicated to her mother - it was beautiful!
These kinds of dances give me chills. It makes me tear up too, I don't know why, but just like the old night show at PCC... I would just get these amazing chills from it.. just love it!
Then the little keiki performed!!
Keira's preschool class had cute oriental music on and they did a cute little dance over and over again in a little circle. Keira was concentrating a lot and only smiled a couple times. I am so surprised at how she was able to go up on the stage and do it! A month or two ago we could barely get her to go to her class, now she goes happily, and she loves what they do at school, and she loves her little friends (and boyfriends - oh dear - the stories I need to tell on another post)
I'm so proud of her that she was able to get up on a stage and perform!!! I thought they kids all did awesome!!
Jayden's class did a bunch of dances for Australia!
Unfortunately she was the only one who covered up her Aussie shirt with her sweatshirt!!!! (I was so bummed!! I wanted to run down the couple rows and go snatch it off her during the performance) But she did so so good!!! Their three dances were so fun to watch and she did each move perfectly! I never saw her make one mistake - in fact, we recorded it, and w/o looking, if she hears the music, she can just start dancing with the exact moves at the right time... maybe she needs to do some fast paced dance classes. She had a lot of fun.
And if you know Jayden, then you know the face she makes when she's a little embarrassed and trying not to smile. I was right in front of her and every time she would see me and I would cheer and yell for her and try and take her picture she would do her little trying-not-to-smile face and it is so funny!
There is the face!!!
She was really in the zone concentrating during these last two :)
After we tried to take some pictures of their outfits before they got soaked in the rain (we had a major downpour - it was kinda awesome how much it rained)... and Jayden was very upset that school was over for the day (funny story about that - they sent home notes saying that you could either take your child home after May Day or send them back to class until school got out at the normal time... well since May Day started at 8:30, I thought Jayden should finish the day at school... I know she has a ton of absences and she is just bonkers when she is at home, so I thought she should totally go back to her class after. I turned in the form... yada yada yada... then like the day or two before May Day her teacher tells Chris that Jayden is the only one that will be in class friday after May Day!!! What a horrible parent am I!?!?! ha ha!! I thought at least a good amount of kids would be in class, but I guess I was wrong! I'm the only parent that wanted my kid to be in school and not at home that day! oh well!! we just laughed and laughed at me... I'm such a horrible mom)
So anyway... Jayden was bummed about no more school, and Keira was still super excited about her outfit and the whole thing... so this is the two of them... super typical
Then after I took pictures of the girls... Kai ran over to the bushes where I was posing them and he stook there and yelled his super cheesy cute little "cheese!!!" at me! :) he's so darn cute
Later when they were both happy at home after being bribed with lei's and candy



























3 comments:
You could think of it this way...
Ariona in June and July... or Hawaii. Hmmmmm....... :) Wish we could come out to visit and make your summer go quickly. I'd love to help with the new baby. :)
how awesome! They are so cute!
i was told it is sometimes cheaper to go through a travel agent, maybe try that if you haven't already! it's that much for us to fly from houston tx to phx az, it's rediculous! I know how you feel! I hope you can figure it out! I'm sure if you still pray about it heavenly father will hear you and make it work! Good luck!
Post a Comment