She looked beautiful! -as she often does :)
We will miss school for the summer
Jayden has learned so much this year- I just am amazed by her progress... and I'm telling you I was an absentee mom until lately... Chris did all her homework and all her reading. I was just so glad to do the last couple weeks here. She is reading books with me and at the beginning of the school year she could only remember the letter of her name - J.
Jayden started kindergarten here even though she was 4 (she turned 5 in december). In Hawaii they send the kids that have their 5th birthday within that year (she was turning five w/in 2005) to Kindergarten and they call it jr. K... even though it's just kinder... they do not have preschool for them.. and there is really not very many options out here... but going to school this year, even a little young, she had done amazing this year!! she still has some more to go and we're excited for next year. I'm kinda glad that for her she did not go to a preschool this year and mostly do crafts and stuff... she got to go to a full day of learning (well her teacher does tend to let them watch TV - what the?!?! tv in school... ??? like daily...??? -whatever-) well the full day of school, it wore her out (which I loved), and Jayden just loves to make friends and there is not a moment that she is not trying to round up kids to play with. She has so much energy and she is so much fun!! School this year for her definitely changed so much. She has lost a little innocence it seems.. but in a funny way... like talking about boyfriends and stuff. She got an award from her class - she was Miss Athletic. It said, "Jayden is the most athletic girl in the class. She even likes to play with the boys, even when it gets rough." - translation - "My daughter wrestles the boys at school"!!! just like she does at home. I'm getting a kick out of it ! :) chris, not so much. I love Jayden. She just has a sweet, sensitive heart of gold. And she is so brown and buff and beautiful, she's so active and alive :)
I'm so proud of her this year!
Jayd before going to school
some of Jayd's friends
Jayden w/ her teacher - Mr. A (Akinaka)
Our friend from the ward - Kaumauli'i, and then little Ammon - Mr. A's son.. she always hung out with him while she waited for me to get her after school.. always about 10 min. late.. looking for parking... unloading Keira and Kai and baby... whew- boy did we love school, but boy are we stoked for a break!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment