May 17, 2011

Happy Birthday my love!!!

I'm not a very good planner these days... ha!!  i never really have been at all -
But thank you to everyone who came over and helped me embarrass Chris tonight for his birthday!!!  There is nothing I love more than having people I love over to our home... and especially to tease Chris about getting old :)
I have a few pictures.. but Chris and I both do NOT love the way our physique is right now... so I don't know if I'll be posting them.
But we had good food, and good company and it was all last minute, but it was awesome

It's almost 1:30am... so that means it's almost my bedtime... but while I'm sitting here feeding the baby...
let me just say a few things

the girls are absolutely hillarious recently.  I need to do a whole post on this, but they have these boys they talk about at school, and they are just cracking me up!   --- so that's definitely on my to do list...  blog about my girls and their boyfriends...  Keira's bf is Gabe and Jayden's is Elijah...  cute
The girls help out so so much with Kai now and the baby.  They both hold her for me and cuddle her to keep her from crying... usually so I can make dinner or snacks or something.  They watch Kai outside for me, take his little temper tantrum beatings and hair pulling.. and still Keira shares a bed with him :) Jayden is doing better and better at school.  I love how I get to help with her homework now.  I never did before being out of school.  I can't believe she can freakin read!!!  it's awesome!!   that being said, it does take some special patience working with Jayden and helping her do it and not get frustrated.  She's really young to be in Kindergarten and I'm still not sure if she'll be repeating it or not.. she'll probably get so so bored.  She very smart... but she just needs time to think about everything and process it before she can answer stuff.  Well hopefully I can continue to be more involved (school out next week ha!!)  Keira in school is going to be my easiest... she's very smart, quick, well behaved...  she's going to be great... it's sports that we'll have to work with her on :)

Kai is so adorable lately.  I love how he knows everyone's name.  Jayden still can't get people's names right... but Kai will say everyones name and say hi to them, or yell at them to get their attention to talk to them.  We finally made a family outting to the beach on Saturday and Kai swam for the 2nd time.  I know...   what the crap huh?!?!   Well since he got tubes when he was just a wee little baby, he's never really liked the water that much, well, actually, he likes the water, but has never ever even gotten close to letting his ears get wet.  He's always been really cautious.  Well a week or two ago at my girlfriend's daughters party I pulled him into their pool w/ floaties on and let him float all on his own.  He squealed and wasn't sure at first, but then decided to jump in the pool all by himself...   Saturday at the beach he swam in the ocean w/ floaties on for the first time and he loved it!!!  He did so good!  Now he thinks he can swim so I can never take him by myself when I have the baby cause I'm afraid he'll drown...  but other than that to worry about, I'm so so proud of him!!!

The baby is just gorgeous!  Her skin is looking good too.  I've tried to work some formula back in cause I know she is hungry all the time, and a mom can only nurse so many times a day....  sometimes it's every hour and a half, and I'm dying...  but I'm still worried about the allergic reactions to the formula.  I even bought soy and it seemed to cause a little flair up..  but when she did have the soy formula and finally got full she actually slept for 5 hours at once!!   too bad I wasn't home in bed.

Chris is doing well in school this term.  I think we got a really good combination of classes and great teachers for this term.  His workload is managable, and he's still doing a ton of sidework.  Hopefully word of mouth continues and he's able to get more set up for when he is off school.  He's doing all that, and totally making our family survive - he gets up with kai at all hours (430am, 5am, 630am...  ) and gets him back to sleep.  He gets Jayden up for school and gets her dressed and fed...  he leaves to class at 730 and that's when he says so sweetly, "Leis-  I got to go to class...  can you get up?"  and I groggle "ya" to him and eventually get myself out of bed to see my three big monsters...  and usually the baby sleeps in in the morning a little bit.  He goes all day...  lets me nap a lot when I need it!  and then he always lays down with the kids at bedtime... we kinda have to to keep kai in bed... and usually I'm feeding the hungry little baby.  (who by the way is getting longer, but still her little legs and arms and hands and feet are so so tiny :)

Chris went to the orthopedic surgeon a couple weeks ago.  He hurt his knee playing softball right before the baby was born.  He hobbled around for weeks before he would go get it looked at.  He tore something in his knee...  the MCL i think?  and both his shoulders are jacked!  He will be doing therapy and hopefully won't need surgery.  He's been in a ton of pain from both his shoulders and his knee... but he rarely shows it or admits it.  He's tough like that... or stubborn :)

I'm doing good.  Besides being extremely bummed with my body right now and the weight I've gained (and I'm talking since being home people...), I am so incredibly happy!!!   Even with the little sleep I'm getting (besides my awesome naps - thanks husband!) I cannot believe how fulfilled my life is right now.  I have gorgeous kids who are smart, and funny, and sensitive and a lot of the time, super crazy.  We have good friends :)  I seriously think this is the first time we have had a flow of people consistantly come into our home and be part of our lives and support us and lift us up...  just amazing people who we love and the children love...   Sarah and Chris H., and Ammon and Kaelee S., and Uncle Scott, and Ashley :)  ...  even an old friend Mossi...  I'm just so happy to have people come to my messy little apartment and be part of my messy little life.  I love it!   After having Kai I had some dark dark days, and really a really hard year or so.  I was so depressed and hurt and jealous all the time...  really I was not myself some days, some weeks.  It was hard on Chris, it was hard on me.  I was kinda worried that I might have some baby blues again after this one... but so far things are good.  I feel like I have really really grown a lot in the past two years.  I think I've been able to let go of the stuff that doesn't matter so much, and I'm embracing what does matter... my husband and my kids and family.  I just feel different.  I have more control over my emotions instead of my emotions controlling me.  I have school out of the way, and I don't have a stressful calling.. I have nothing else pulling at me, demanding my mind or energy or time...  just me and my family (and the domestic mess, but that's all G).

Anyway... it's all good :)

Seriously...  my baby is gorgeous :)  she's just a little perfect peanut.  She has funny little faces, and a double chin (takes after me) and her hair sticks straight up... and she's got these Big HUGE blue eyes...  long fingers on her big little hands on the end of her long skinny arms....  she's got perfect little toes and feet on her little chicken wing legs.  She's adorable.  She's stiff and squirmy... and you can only hold her on her side... she doesn't cuddle on your chest, she rarely will curl in a ball and sleep on her tummy or on me... but she will sleep on her side, right next to me all night (well... from 1:30 or 2:30 am to 7:30) constantly wanting to eat and sleep and eat and sleep...  until right when I have to get up, then she and I both are in our deepest sleep darn it.  The couple of times she's totally smiled at me her mouth was wide open and her smirk was on one side... so cute!!!

Well.. now it's 2am and she's not going back to sleep for some reason... maybe it's the light from the computer...  So I'm off now... after this apparent family update!  :)
I have some pictures to put on later.... but not tonight :)  goodnight

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You sound so good, Leisa. Miss you!