April 13, 2011

Sorry I haven't updated - I have just been too busy with my little no-name-baby at home!!  :)
We got to bring her home on Monday.  She is doing great!  She just needs to pork up a little bit and then I don't think anyone will be worrying about her for a long time.
She is so little and floppy.  She's hard to maneuver unless you got her bundled up into a little swaddled ball, cause she's so long and she flails and flops, and her legs jet out randomly...  she's cute :)
I'm finally getting tired and sore... I think I was on a high for a couple of days here...  I rearranged my room, organized a million things - I think I'm still nesting...  but might be slightly overdoing it.  My stomach muscles feel good, I can bend over and squat and pick up stuff w/o much strain or pain...  but I'm just achy and a little tired, which is good, cause i'm tired cause I get to be up w/ the baby at night cause she's home!  :)

I just wanted to say thank you for all the help and thoughts and prayers that we've received.  It's this amazing position God puts you in when he gives you any kind of struggle like this ( I know ours ended up being pretty easy ...  and everything has gone as good as it could have possibly gone... but I think the experience is real all the same)... because God gives you enough of a struggle to humble and weaken you... to make you know that things are out of your hands and in His hands.  And at least for our situation, we also had a lot that was out of our hands and into the hands of our friends, family and ward members...  there were literally many things we would not do w/o the help of others.  And you can feel this incredible power come to you, from every one else.  I have never felt as much peace and strength as I have this past week (week and a day)... I never really once panicked or feared for myself or the baby.  Most of the emotions I felt were the guilt of not being with her, and the frustration about not being able to do anything for her... most of the tears came from that place.  But the prayers and thoughts of everyone else - my family has been able to feel it as it has supported us, and lifted us, and as it strengthened our little one so quickly!  what was going to be one to two more weeks of breathing help in the NICU, completely turned around in ONE NIGHT!  It's amazing to see the Lord's hand in this.  I personally was coming from a place (in recent months) of ... I don't know how to say it...  I felt so fractured...  in pieces...  just myself and then also from the people who surround me... (if you've read my blog you know what lame drama I'm talking about)  whatever has happened to us has just washed it all away and left is this renewed, more whole person.  I feel more love, more unity, more charity.  I feel like I have slowly crept out of a junky old skin in the past few months and am changing.  I think differently, I feel differently, and most importantly.. and this I'm still working on, I hope to act differently.  and you know what.. the other reason God let us kinda struggle this past week is that He wanted me to long for the baby...  he wanted me to be embarrassed by my earlier struggles with the pregnancy...  and I am....   just part of growing I guess.

Anyway...  I just wanted to say that I am so grateful for all that I have.  My children just amaze me... they are so smart and funny and beautiful.  :)  I'm so grateful for everything that everyone has done for us... the meals, the clothes, the notes from the neighborhood kids, the welcome home sign on the door...  the prayers and thoughts :)  We have felt it all impact us and bless us.  Thank you so much.

I'll get some new pictures on here soon... but for now I am just gonna lay here next to the baby and stare at her and smell her - cause that's the greatest feeling in the world right now :)


Oh one more thing...  a Hymn that I've had in mind...     (verse 1, 2 and 4)

Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift doest thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christ-like friend, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise they goodness, Lord, above.

I've had times where we've sung this in church and it just stung - it hurt, cause I didn't have people like this, or felt like I didn't have people like this...  and now I can sing it as a testimony that I do have this in my life right now, and I'm so grateful for it.

3 comments:

Brooke {B} said...

Congrats on your new little one! She looks so sweet and strong! You have such a cute family!

Jessica said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! Heavenly Father always seems to know what we need. Thank goodness he does. Lots of love to all of you.

Leslie said...

You are one of the strongest, most spiritual people I know. I'm so happy NNG (no name girl) is doing so well. Snuggle her for two minutes for me, would ya? :)