I wanted to put another picture of our sweet baby one here... but I can't get the other one off of my phone. It was her all strapped down in the incubator when the transport team came and took her away.
So instead... I close my eyes and picture her little face, her black hair, and her little little lips blowing bubbles... What i'm picturing is the 40 seconds that they had her wrapped up and stuck her by my face during the C-section. I am really grateful for the 40 seconds (or whatever it is). It's such an odd feeling to have a baby, and have no baby. I can't imagine what a mother feels like when things go really wrong... and their baby is really really not there. I can't even imagine. But I'm grateful for how things have gone for us. I am healthy. The baby is healthy. I just need pain meds, and she just needs a little help with her pre-mature lungs. We are very very blessed :)
So just for clarification....
I'm at Castle Medical Center in Kailua, HI
The baby (who the girls are calling "pretty flower") is at Kapiolani Woman's and Children's in Honolulu, HI in the NICU or Advanced Care unit - not really sure cause I've never been there yet.
I might get out of here tomorrow or possibly Friday
Baby - I have heard anywhere from 3 to 5 days and then up to another week... ? so I don't know.
But this is do know... I am dying to go look at her face, and hold her, to feel like I had a baby. Right now I'm still waiting for her kicks to go crazy - she has some seriously painful and strong kicks - I feel like I should still be pregnant, cause the way yesterday went was just surreal. I'm trying not to let myself think about it too much, cause when I do, I cry and when I cry it's extremely painful. I'm trying not to think about how I didn't bond with her while I was pregnant... and then how I feel detached from her since the section... and then I'm not nursing cause I'm here and she's there... and I've failed her multiple times and she's only been here on earth for 29 hours.
So instead of thinking about all that... I'm just thinking about all the shopping we're going to do throughout her life... and girl bonding... that we're going to do, so I can make it up to her :)
k... I'm about falling asleep... and this post is long and rambling and kinda sticks cause it lacks a picture of my baby who is lacking a name. Hopefully we will have close to both of those sometime tomorrow or friday!! yay! looking forward to that! and with that - goodnight :)
3 comments:
yep you're gonna have to just give yourself a GIANT break! i know it's impossible for us moms because we feel guilt about giving one kid more juice than the other but you are really going to have to focus. if you don't bond with her right away don't feel guilty. you are still her mom and you will take care of her as you've done with your other kids. i had to tell my 2nd every min. how much i loved her just so that i could convince myself that it was true. it's took me a month to feel like she was even mine... an experience that i would have ever expected. jenna is my "favorite" now and is the best helper and my peace in this crazy life of mine. it will all be good and hard and a bit confusing at times but that's motherhood (as you know) and you're gonna be great!
I cannot imagine being so far away from baby.
My twins were life lined to banner desert & I was at gateway but I insisted that they released me too; and they did. I popped those babies out and walked out of hospital within hours...
But you need to heal and rest after having a c-section! Take advantage while you can. Is Chris with baby?
I pray that things continue to go well...
And pick a name already! j/k!
Leisa,
Rest assured that God knows you and knows your heart.As I read your words I remember you as a young woman, you were begging for a sister. You were tired of boys of brothers!
Now you have 2 boys in the house to worship you,and three girls that will fight for your precious time and companionship.
I love you, I wish I was there and could bring dinner and lay on the bed and talk.
These years do go by fast, be easy on yourself. Your story is not done being written.
Love you!!
jan lutz
Post a Comment