A few hours ago I was coming in for my weekly check up....
A few hours ago I had a little baby in my stomach, kicking me like crazy today.
Then they did an ultrasound... it looked good :)
Then they did another non-stress test and the fetal heart rate was all over the place... I knew it was looking bad - D-cells... but it did not prepare me to be suddenly wheeled into the operating room, without my husband - who was an hour away - getting ready for our baby girl - who we are not ready for... did I mention w/o my wonderful, handsome husband?
I was trying to call him one more time as they pushed me out the little OB triage room to the OR
Everything went well.
I stayed calm and just kinda let everything happen around me, happen to me.
The spinal block was the worse part - but I squeezed that cute little nurse Amie's hand so hard I'm sure. The anesthesiologist was a very cool guy - he would tell me what was going on.
I only got to see the baby for a minute as they stuck tubes up her nose and suctioned her, etc.
She looks like Keira did
She has black hair.
Skinny legs, skinny feet
5 lbs 10 ounces - "born" at 4:08pm
Right now a team is prepping her in an incubator to go to another hospital on the island - Kapiolani - the very same Kapiolani hospital that I tried to transfer my OB care to... just cause I had a weird feeling... and I guess that feeling was because the baby will be there in the NICU to make sure she can breath.
She's strong. She had a good little cry. She was kicking those Dr.'s and RN's... but her lungs are not yet expanded... didn't develop quite enough. They are not worried (the peds) but need to transfer her to where they can provide more care just in case...
Man! What a day!!
April 5th 2011 - Baby girl Tapia

13 comments:
She's beautiful, Leisa. Congrats. And I had no idea anything was going on.
She's perfect.
I agree she looks like Keira. You are a strong woman. Congratulations!She is indeed a strong willed baby. I will pray that her lungs and recover pretty quickly.And I hope that everything is going well. Love yah!
Congrats leisa! What a crazy experience! I'm so glad you are both okay! Hopefully she can come home soon :)
Oh my goodness! How scary but so glad everything turned out OK!!! She's beautiful Leisa! Way to stay strong! Congrats!!!
Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and we will keep you all in our prayers!!!!
Oh my goodness! You had your baby! You had your baby without your hubby there!
Congrats! She looks like Kai from that picture!
Hope she gets out of the NICU quick!
What's her name and how early is she?
oh leisa, im so sorry that it wasn't the experience you would have liked!! sorry that you were alone. the only thing that kept me from insanity and a total melt down during my csection was tui, and you didnt have chris!! she looks lovely though, has kai's hands, if that's possible. feel free to call her sarah, its a great name.;)
heading to the temple today so will put both your names down on the prayer roll.
love you!
and welcome to the world little lady, you got an awesome family oxo
Congrats Lisa! I will keep her and you in my prayers:)She looks beautiful under all that plastic!
Congratulations Superwoman! I can't believe you did it all without Chris there. Can't wait to see more pictures. Here's hoping her hospital stay is short and sweet!
wow!! how many weeks were you?! that was a surprise eh!?
glad she's doing ok, congrats!!
WOW! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I am so sorry though that she is in NICU! SO SCARY! Will be in prayers!
i HATE that you had to do all of the alone...HATE it! you're such a tough lady! she is so sweet but i still don't know what D-cells are. i guess i'm gonna have to look it up. congratulations. your husband must have been out of his mind with worry with you there all alone!
She's precious, Leisa. ((hugs)) and prayers for both (all) of you!
Post a Comment