October 29, 2008

Some of my Favorite Things!!!
(my kid-related favorite things)

When Jayden obediently holds my hand in a parking lot or across the street, her cute little hand just fits perfect in mine and its all soft and squishy. I love when she holds my hand.

When both the girls give me a hug, they wrap their arms around me and kinda cross their hands behind my neck and play with my hair.

Even though they hardly ever sleep with me or chris (only randomly when they are sick or scared in their own beds) I love having them right next to me sleeping so sweet where I can hear their little snores and feel them do their little stretching and rolling around. Last week when Keira was sick I layed her down in my bed for a nap and when she finally woke up, she was so excited I was right next to her.

Both my kids when they wake up, the very second they wake up, they just start jabbering. Jayden way more than Keira. but it is so funny. Jayden just pops up and goes on and on about who knows what. Keira is a little slower, she stretches and rolls around, but always wakes up asking "Where dada go?" or immediately wants to know where Jayden is.

During our nightly prayers both the girls are starting to chime in with names of whoever we see throughout the day, making sure we pray for them too! I love it! They totally know what prayer is for, to thank, to ask about people. Mostly they both are yelling "Nana!! Nana!!!" usually before we even finish "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank thee for this day..." "Nana!! nana!! Papa!! Papa!! Scott!!!"

I love Keira's verbal skills! totally different from Jayden speech development, and honestly, a little more fun, as she is able to say so much, and so much correctly, so young! My favorite was the last month she has been able to name all the uncles on both sides all on her own. When we have hung out with the Tapia's, she asks about all her uncles and cousins before bed... all on her own. And same with the Shavers. I love how mindful she is of her family, and how much both the girls love and are connected to and have such a good time with each of our families and with the three uncles on one side, and the five on the other and of course the two aunties too!

Jayden is really a sweet girl, even though her nature it pretty spastic, she is often really concerned about other peoples feelings. Keira beats he up almost daily, but even when she does, Jayden still apologizes to her. Its so cute! And such a good example of forgiveness and I'm learning of those attributes that the Savior teaches how we much become like little children. Their trust, their faith, their ability to forgive and forget. They are amazing!

Oh! I love when the kids sit down to eat and it goes silent... except for the little yummy-humms while they eat... the-this-is-so-good-I-have-to-make-noises-while-I-eat sounds. I love that!

Keira's favorite phrase that she has recently grown out of, "I did it!!" She used to say it just all the time. After finishing anything, or nothing at all. "I did it!" she's yell, almost as if she was cheering herself on for all the little things she could do. She's kinda grown out of it now, except for when she goes peepee on the potty. We made a little song and she sings it and dances around... "I did it! I did it! I pee pee on the potty!"

Keira will always just kinda walk around bobbing her head and dancing. Its like she has a internal radio that she dances too. I totally get it cause I have it too! its so funny to see her just randomly walk around and like headbang! with no music!! I love it!

And Jayden is the singer. Since she was a little tiny baby she would sing in church when they are singing the hymns. Now she is the best little disney song singer ever. She is almost always on pitch, never knows the words, and always loves to sing, but has this like totally embarassed smile on her face while she's singing along. She's going to have a beautiful voice. She has such a good ear already. We always clap for her and encourage her, since she has that little bashful side to her, I always tell her what a beautiful singer she is! I could listen to her mumble along to songs all day! I love that Keira has one little side of dancing and Jayden has the other side of singing. :) Hopefully this next baby will have a musical ability as well!

there is more... but I know the list is getting long... as it should be! but I just really need to record stuff like this so that I have all these small and sweet moments written down. :) possibly more to come!

No comments: