October 26, 2008

Well, I was supposed to be cleaning tonight... late tonight. I have tons to do, tons of junk to get off and out of cubby holes.... junk to sort through and throw away. But of course I got super distracted by all the cool old stuff to look through and reminisce. I swear I have adult ADD. I can never focus much to get anything done. Oh well...
So I thought I would post some pictures of ME. My life. I always feel that I need to hang on to my past because it has made me who I am. Also, I do think it is important to remember things we have done and experienced. Plus, I've had some fun, wild times. Sometimes its nice to know I had wild crazy fun before, and so now, I can just relax and be a mom and a (horrible) housewife.

anyway... on to the pics... that I'm totally excited for. I forget how weird and funky I was. Anyway... hopefully you can see a transformation through the years....


My best friend and roomate in Hawaii at BYUH. I was always doing something weird with my hair. This was a frow after braids had been in for a while. sometime in 2000 or 2001 or 2002... I don't know

This is me doing a weird dance move with a beanie in my hands... why is it in between my legs? I have no idea. What I do know is that this is one of our weekly dance parties in my room. Always had to have fun dancing - still do. My kids just stare at me like I'm a freak though when I do it now... oh well... I still have fun dancing!

Oh! and the dread look.

In maybe... July of 2002...? Opening my mission call late at night after a YSA dance in Newport Beach, CA.

The complete shock of being called to Florida... the last and farthest place from my mind!!!

Going through the Los Angeles Temple to receive my endowment. That was an amazing day. I can't remember much, but I'll never forget this day.

My closest family and friends that came.

Going into the MTC on Sept 24th (-ish) 2002

The last week in the field in Florida... March 2004

Our engagement pictures taken in April of 2004... yep, that was quick, I know.
But it was the start of my happily ever after.... :)

Thanks for reminiscing with me tonight.
I really want to do another blog or other posts where I can record some missionary experiences and people so I have them saved digitally... I guess I will decide that at a later date...

and... FYI, Keira is feeling much better! thank goodness for that blessing! so thank you for your prayers and comments.

and... I will definitely do a post soon about the pregnancy thus far... I have had a hard time accepting that I am pregnant and that I'm an incubator and that I will have another little sole to be responsible for. Its all kinda terrifying.... but I promise I will get to the nitty-gritty of the prego details soon. (not that I think I have a great following here... but just that more than one person has asked) so! that is all! good night!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

These are SO fun! I'm glad you posted them. And I didn't realize you got engaged so quickly. Did you two know each other before? Christian and I were engaged about a month after he got home from his mission. We met about a year before he left though. :)
Les.

Brynn said...

WHAT????? You're prego???? hehe so have they figured out how many weeks you are? Have you been to the Dr.?