June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Chris!!!

My best friend, my missionary, my husband and the best daddy ever to our little kids...
He's a thug

he's a punk

he's a goof-ball.....

but best of all...he's my husband and he's the best dad.
Chris is such an amazing father. When we first met I remember talking to him and listening to him talk about how important family's are and he had such a strong desire to be an amazing dad, he would want to give his kids everything and his family everything he could. Five years later, he is living this daily. Everything he does is for our family. He works hard for us, he plays hard for us, he loves and directs. He is the most fun person I've ever met. He always makes everything a fun game and the kids love it!! He can make diaper changing and cleaning up the highlights of the day because he makes it a game and so much fun!
He is making our little old house a wonderful brand new home... one major huge project at a time... and he's still finding time to build other cool things, like our awesome picnic table for the kids and awesome stairs with a hand rail leading up to the trampoline!
This is a familiar sight. Chris is great at entertaining the kids and they love to listen to him read them books and say ridiculous and funny stuff and make up crazy stories.

Chris has always helped Jayden be adventurous and fearless and really funny. She stands on his hands, she can be thrown and tossed around and loves it and on this particular night she was doing circus performances and dad was her support

Keira looks just like her daddy and has some really fun and sweet qualities just like him too!! I should get out some baby pictures of Chris cause she is seriously a lot like him in just a way more feminine way.

Chris has taken Jayden to the ball games a couple times with the boys and she has loved it!! They all just keep her hopped up on candy, soda and popcorn to help her get through most of the game

The day Chris became a dad and the best dad in the world! He looked so cute that day in my favorite sweatshirt and love him in hats!!

And later... he was totally put in charge of Jayden so I could take care of Keira when she came... so I hardly have any pictures of them together when she was a newborn (so sad!) but here is one night he just held her and stared at her and let Jayden watch her too...


And MY DAD!!!
Happy Fathers Day Dad - Trucker Bob... Econobob... Chef-Boy-r-Bob


(photo by BKBarnes)

My dad is a rock! Always striving to be righteous, always exhausting himself with work and service to others. He has always been a great example to me and always made me want to be better. He is always there to help my plan, theorize, or organize any ambitions or goals that I have. I think we are alike in that way... what do you want, what's the goal and how do you get there. Sometimes we spend more time thinking about how to get it done than actually getting it done... ha ha ha, for those of you who know dad.
My dad is very charismatic and charming when he wants to be. He is very disciplined and honest... almost to a fault. He is always trying to do what Christ would do, what an honest righteous man should do and he always does just that... whether or not that gets him ahead or is to his benefit. Mom and I are constantly berating him with lectures on how to demand more for himself, but for someone who is completely selfless... its a waste of breath. He is the best man I know and I love you dad!
You're such a great papa to the girls and boys and they love you! They are so drawn to you because of your kickback relaxed attitude with them and they are always full of smiles when spending time with you! they love it! and want more of it!

Tons of kisses from the girls on our fathers day
Hope you had a great Father's Day
WE LOVE YOU PAPA!!!


And for those of you who actually reach the bottom... we had a fun Father's Day BBQ on Saturday at my Mom and Dad's and swam and ate and had fun... and I totally was lame and didn't do anything for Chris but make him breakfast and his favorite dinner for Father's Day and we had all the awesome Tapias over on Sunday! It was so much fun with endless food and I think we all waddled home that day!
And I did do most of this post on Sunday but just took forever to find all the pictures and load them... so hence... its late... but not really!

1 comment:

kellibelli said...

What a great post! I loved learning more about Chris and I love your Dad. he is a good man. I am glad you are so happily married and have two adorable girls. This is exactly the dream you always wanted for your life.