June 19, 2008

What we've been up to so far this hot summer

We love to play in the sand box and get dirty

Since it was especially hot the other day, we decided to make the sandbox into a swampy pool... and get even more dirty (and natalia... I think this one wins the red neck award for sure!!!)

We eat popsicles by the box full in the back yard
My mom's cat had kittens several weeks ago...

Jayden and Keira just love the kittens to death!!! They scream as they watch them run around and jump and the girls talk to them in little meows.... so cute!

But then my mom got rid of all the kitties a couple days ago and now the girls run around my mom's house looking for them under furniture and meanwhile, Jayden takes her imaginary kittens swimming, and to bed and just about everywhere.

We are swimming a lot at M & D's oasis in the desert backyard!
Keira is loving it!! she has learned so much in just a week or so!

Swimming buds!!

Mom with no make-up and throwing kids around in the pool! and they love it!

We have lunch outside under the umbrellas to dry off and keep the mess outside... and get extra hot and tired so we can take long naps!!!!

During some of these naps I get bored and I realized that my nose is totally crooked and not symmetrical!!! it is totally freaking me out!!! the left side of my nose is like my dads with the flaring nostril. The right side is my mom's with a little bubble on it! Seriously freaking me out... and I was seriously bored that day... as you can tell...


SO... back to what fun things we've been up to...

Sometimes when its windy and we get cold out at the pool we come into my mom's huge jacuzi tub and we get warm and bubbly!


Jayden has been an awesome big girl with her potty training!! she's been doing great at No. 1 for over a month! We're working really hard and No. 2... its proving to be a huge trial... mostly for me!!

this is her trying today to squeeze one out... i love the what up face on her!!

And how can I not mention that I have put my slave husband to more work, this time in the dining area... he tore up floor, releveled the floor... put in a new sliding door, gave me new walls, we painted!! and now we almost have our wood flooring done and some of the trim... it seriously looks so good!!

We have also hung out with a lot of friends and family!
I just wanted to post a few of our little Eden from our fathers day gathering...
she's so cute and little and fair!!!















This is the girls dancing for us while we played guitar hero! It was such a fun night with my brother-in-laws over!! of course I was the best at guitar hero... but don't tell them I said so... they're sensitive

And this is Jayden's progress.... she was pretty scared to start swimming again. Its like she was a different kid this summer, cause she's usually fearless and reckless and so much fun! Well... her hesitation is totally gone... and with it are all the floating devices i've tried to put on her. She really thinks she can swim and she is determined to do it! Its so Jayden! I love it!



1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hey leisa-
Call me again because I swear I was going to call you back & then waited too long & your number got bumped of call ID. I hear you are coming out soon & we'd love to get together w/ you if you have the time :)