Well, I don't know when it was exactly, but Chris and I bought our tickets to fly away to Hawaii and have our own private vacation... and I keep calling it a honeymoon... I don't know why.. ha ha, but since we haven't been alone in like two years! (living w/ my parents and living with my mother in law and bringing these two little girls into the world... ) so for our Third Anniversary we didn't do anything again on the exact day, but we did, however buy ticket to go to Hawaii. So we sat down and made goals of what we wanted to weigh by the time we went... and we had 13 weeks till we went... so I've lost 10 of my lbs.. and we have about 6 weeks to go until we leave and I have some more to go. Its been pretty hard these last couple weeks... getting to the gym with the kids is crazy and I just have to not eat everything while i'm home taking care of the girls. Chris has lost 30 lbs!!! and now he needs to go lifting for the next 6 weeks to buff up! I need to lift too, but there is hardly ever enough time to do it all... I think I'm going to add my pilate videos on for three to four times a week and see if anything down there firms up, or lifts up... ha ha, we'll see.
Anyway... Jared, you asked how we did it... and we just made a goal for our weight, then took the difference and divided it up with the 13 weeks that we wanted to loose it in... then every Saturday morning we weigh in together and write it on our chart. We also get little rewards when we loose the weight that we're supposed to. For me it was like an average of 1.4 lbs per week, which is totally reasonable... I think the reason that we're actually doing it is 1) because we have the ultimate prize of going to hawaii at the end of our plan and 2) cause I know I have to weigh in every saturday and write it down on our chart, I'm always thinking about it... like maybe wednesday I wasn't so good, so for thurs and fri I try extra hard and work out harder to make my weight. The accountability is what works.. it reminds me of being a missionary... we set goals and work for them together and at the end of the day (or week) give report. I know a lot of people and (missionaries) hated or hate NUMBERS, but its a thing that always motivated me....
"If we fail to plan, then we plan to fail" - said by some famous person somewhere
anyway, i hope i'm not too much on a soapbox, I just an so stoked that we finally did it! and I still have more to go... anyway thats all
And oh ya, the good 10lbs news came on my birthday, of all days!
:)
7 comments:
Woohoo!!!! Can't wait until I can lose weight. Actually, I can, but it would be nice to be skinny again! You're gonna look so HOT in Hawaii!
I forgot to tell you Happy late Birthday at church today! So... Happy late Birthday!!!!! Hope it was a good one. Also congrats on the 10 lbs! I am jealous. I think in a couple days I can get back to going to the gym and we can switch if you still want to.
Yeah for you. I need to take advice from you on this. Hadlee would cry at the daycare the whole time when I was at the gym and it is too hot to be outside. So good job on finding the time. Happy belated birthday to you!!!! WE just got back into town, so I am sorry I missed it.
Good job! I am happy for you! Hawaii will be so great!
I'm proud of you and so jealous that you get to go to Hawaii! You look amazing!
Woo Hoo! Last Sunday Christian and I noticed that you two are looking thin these days. Congrats! It's amazing how having a goal helps you work, isn't it? I'm jealous of the Hawaii trip, but you two totally deserve it. Happy Belated Birthday! ((hugs))
Leslie
Good for you guys!!! When I saw the pic of your husband I noticed he had lost weight, but 30 lbs, wow! I'm jealous, I'd love to go to Hawaii....keep up the good work!
Post a Comment