May 28, 2009

Little things I want to record and share before I forget...

Our little boy came out like superman... he had his hand up above his head. He still loves to have his hands up by his face, especially when he sleeps and he did this in his ultrasound too.

When he cries a little complaining cry, he snorts on his breath back in. It is so cute!! Today he was snorting and it reminded me of my grandpa. I sat and cried for a while missing him, he passed away while I was on my mission. I miss him so much some times. I hope our little boy doesn't loose his cute snort any time soon... cause every time I think of grandpa and feel him close and proud. :)

The baby is a super sleeper! The last two nights (which are also the first two nights home) I have gotten almost 4-5 hours of sleep in a row! Its amazing! I knew he had a different temperament even from his activity in my tummy... I could tell in the mornings he was always sleeping with me for a while before he would get active again... Now for people who have had babies who sleep right away, it is a huge blessing! and a huge difference from babies who are up every hour, with colic and screaming for hours. I'm grateful to have both so I understand both. and I am grateful to the Lord that our little boy has this mellow temperament with good stretches of sleep at night! thank you!

The baby is totally not cuddly. He will not really lay on my chest and fall asleep with me. Keira loved to right away! and still would today if she could. He is so different. He's like a big boy already, doesn't want to cuddle with his mom. If we try and lay him on our shoulder he does like a super push-up with his hands and feet and pushes himself away. We have to burp him just holding him up.

Which leads me to how super super strong he is. He can hold his head up and move it all around and push himself around almost. Maybe it will wear off... his superman strength... but for now I'm totally impressed... I think maybe he wants to be called "Superman". :)

His eyes are so so blue!!! they look fake like he's got contacts in. I don't know if they will stay... but I think they will... cause for months we've asked Jayden what the baby will look like... and she has said "brother with big blue eyes" and we always asked her if they would be brown like hers and she would say, no, BLUE... and she is so right. Children have a funny way of knowing things, don't they?

He's got long monkey arms... like me... his forearms are so long! and his hands and fingers are long, and he's got these beautiful fingernails that are long and pretty too! (all from me) and I think he's got a midget short tongue, like me... and he's got these cute little feet, with long skinny toes... not sure where they came from though? mixed...

He twitches and gets scared in his sleep... so funny. So although he doesn't really like to cuddle too much, he does like to sleep kinda close or have a hand or something near him to hold onto.

He has pooped like umph-teen times already.... peed a couple... twice all over himself and Chris (he he) and zero times on me :)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Congratulations again!

Gina said...

He sounds like a great baby. All of that sleeping, easy going-ness, and he pees on Chris instead of you. Perfect kid.

Unknown said...

So darling, Leisa. What amazing moments with your new baby! PS: you are totally glowing in your pre-delivery pics!

Leslie said...

You will be SO grateful you wrote all this down! What a fun time...