February 12, 2009

K, so it didn't take me very long here to get my first ticket... which sucks big time... I'm still really upset about it and I'll tell you why.
We went to a different side of the island today, one where I've never been (to check out a new target -there are none on the island and sadly it isn't open yet) and to get there you go on a two lane road for most of the time... so we were done and heading home and there is this huge open road... like a normal road, three lanes each, and going up a hill, and my car feels like the tires are too flat, so i was just like driving normally and heading up this road and up ahead I see a motorcycle cop, he was walking down the street and his bike was parked and he kinda waved at me, so I slowed down to see if like maybe he had to close the street up ahead or something, I had no idea he would proceed to write me a ticket, otherwise I wouldn't have been so curtious. So he asks me if I know the speed limit, and I look up and see a 45 sign about 20 yrds away, then he tells me no, its 35 and do I know how fast I was going...? no, I was just driving... so he shows me a radar gun with 50 on it... and i'm still kinda confused... I slowed down for a cop who waved to me and then I'm being asked to show my license and registration... I think I'm just kinda in shock... so whatever... I tell him my car is not registered here yet, but i have everything and do have Hawaii car insurance and drivers license... anyway... he writes me a ticket for 15 miles over the speed limit and I asked him if he was going to give me a break for stopping for him, he didn't even have to chase me down and pull me over... I made him laugh a couple times, but not enough to get me out of a citation... I don't know... I think I'm going to either fight the ticket or contest it in writing...
any suggestions? I just can't believe I got a ticket for speeding when I was in front of a 45 mph sign and I stopped for the cop walking around on the side of the road!!! SO LAME!!! and frustrating!!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Speeding tickets stink. Especially when you don't even realize you're speeding!