Some of the weird and fun stuff since we've been here....- The first couple days we didn't really have a way to do laundry so I had to wash it in a tub and line dry it... at first I was excited thinking it was going to save us money and I was laughing that I was like a pioneer woman... it ended up taking so much time that I have since given in and given many many quarters to the weird landlord here... I still line dry what I can
-I killed a humongous!!! spider last week!! It is a cane spider and it totally startled me! Chris went running in the other direction while I took care of him... we looked up the genus and it said that they were beneficial to keep in the home cause they eat about 10 cockroaches a day... well I haven't seen a cockroach yet... but I definitely would like to never see a cane spider again!!
-Our place is pretty big... more room than we need... but one day after I had gotten out of the shower with the girls the landlord just walked in!!! and I yelled from down the hall, "WE'RE NOT DRESSED!!" He left, but let himself in later to fix something and then had locked one of the three bedroom doors and told us he didn't want us to use it... even though we rented a 3bd 2 bath house... so one of the bedroom doors is locked and one of the bathrooms doesn't work... too weird.. I was really bugged-Milk here is up to 9 or 10$ a gallon!! yikes! at Sam's club we can get one gallon for $5... but I've never seen it any cheaper.
-We went to the PCC night show... that was really really fun!! and best of all it was FREE!! (cause I was a "new student" again... for the third time!)

-The first day on campus I was wearing a new shirt and shorts that I was really excited about, they were new... and shorts were down to the top of my knee caps and shirt was just normal... even kinda baggy... and they told me I wasn't in standards! and even though I was married I couldn't show cleavage (the lady's words, not mine)... which is soon to be about impossible with my swelling, enlarging pregnant body!! I was just thinking, dude... I am 27 years old and still getting in trouble.. it was ridiculous!! I've learned that I am just the type that attracts chastisement, even though I'm not trying to do anything wrong! oh well.. trying to take it in stride and lay low :)
Out of our bedroom window... you can't really see it in this picture, but we can see the ocean :)And the temple is in the opposite direction just up this street... its so beautiful and its closed for renovations for about 18 months! :( bummer!

2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. And it looks like you guys are enjoying life there.
Hey, I'm glad you guys are having fun and feeling good about your decision. I hope you take advantage of your time there... I would love to go back... maybe someday. Congrats to Chris on the job. What is he doing? And I guess just keep your clothes on, you "hoochy mama" -Karen Barnes' words, not mine. Remember that was so hilarious! We miss you guys. Ok, I think Becky is barfing. I better go see how she is.
Post a Comment