November 24, 2008

Hey, well, i'm up late and haven't blogged in a while... so just wanted to ramble here for a while...
A couple things first... we bought tickets to fly our family to Hawaii... yep, just one way tickets. I'm more scared than I am excited... but it is pretty exciting... I guess no matter how it goes, at least i know in a month or so I will be in my most favorite of all places, and the best part is is that I will be with my family, and we may not have a car or a place to live or no money at all, but I'm pretty sure I'm be so happy that it won't matter and it'll all just work out okay.
We have continued our home decluttering/packing/and storing process. We (and of course by we, I mean, Chris) has done a lot more work on the house... and not just construction, he's done a ton of cleaning and laundry. Thanks hun!
I am feeling a lot better these days... i guess I am about 14 weeks now with the pregnancy... I'm not nauseous that much anymore... and I'm even starting to want to make dinner and meals again. Its been pretty bad over here... way too much fast food, I've gained a lot of weight and my kids and husband are affected too... all Jayden wants is fries and ranch.... Keira's pretty happy with whatever... but I could tell tonight when we ate baked potatoes, teriyaki chicken done on the barbeque, salad and rolls that they were happy to have normal home cooked food. Or at least i'm going to tell myself that. I even made breakfast too! Hash browns and fried eggs on toast... with a little follow up of cinnamon crumb cake. yum!
Chris didn't have any work today... it's looking like this might become a problem again... So, if any one needs any work done on their house, let us know... he might be in the market for side jobs... which might become his main job... I've been getting a little sad about it, not knowing how to pay our bills or have thanksgiving, or Christmas... but something will come through. It always does. I'm just trying to keep my pessimistic self (and I like to say, i'm a realist) positive!
And something else that has been on my mind... I've seen tons of people in the area do all this stuff together... whether through church activities that seem like a ton of fun... or just groups of friends doing stuff... and you know what.. I'm totally fine. I don't even care. I used to see someones post of something fun they do, or hear what girls my age have been up to w/ eachother and it would give me this huge knot in my stomach, and tears would come to my eyes, and if I didn't feel like crying, I would be angry... but now, I feel nothing. I just think, "cool, that's fun for them" (and not in an evnying way) I know! I know! you don't believe me!!! I don't know what has happened. I made a decision a few months ago that I was done expecting the world of all these people around me. I lowered my expectations to nothing.. pretty much. Maybe its good, and maybe its horrible... maybe I am severely numb and desensitized... but it seems to be working for me. sometimes I see posts and i think to myself... maybe someday I'll have a group of friends and we'll go out and do fun stuff, and then I think, you know what, probably not. I'm not good in groups of people. I never have been. Growing up in a large family I shut myself in my room for the majority of every day...and even now when my own family gets together, I feel weird and out of place, like I don't fit in or I'm always saying something stupid. I have so much more fun one on one. Anyway... this is just going to go on and on... but I'm just grateful that I'm at a point where I no longer feel hurt by those around me (who have probably never had any intention of hurting me or anyone anyway) I don't feel left out, I don't really care. I feel like we're already gone... which at the same time does not mean that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed seeing the few of you that I do see. I love it!! I still want more interaction, I still want my kids to play with other wonderful neighborhood kids, I still want more adult conversation.. I'm just not sad if I only get a little bit. a little bit is great and its better than nothing at all.

And the last few things I can think of before i really need to go drift off to sleep.... thanks Emily for letting us garage sale with you guys. I probably never would have done it on my own.. so we did it two weekends in a row and this last Saturday we got rid of a lot of stuff that was in the way or no longer used and made a little bit of money. The money we got from selling the kids stuff is going to be tucked away to buy stuff for them when we get settled down for school.. and Chris sold some tools so that he can buy some new ones when we get to the island. we also cashed our money jar that we've been saving for years now... i'll post about that later, cause we took cool money pictures... :P

g'nite
and oh ya... bums are cute

9 comments:

The Shavers said...

Hey Leis. I totally hear what you're saying. We're happy for you guys but sad to see you go. It will be especially sad visiting AZ the first time when there are no Jayden and Keira Tapia there. The boys love them so much and pray for them everynight. Maybe we'll just have to make a vacation to Hawaii! Aloha!

Brynn said...

Holy cow! You guys are really going!!!! Yeah! I'm so happy for you! And I'm so glad you're feeling better! And cooking! I am totally gaining weight from eating out...everyday...usually 2 times a day. Barf! I can't believe myself. I'm sure you're still hot though!

Carrie said...

I'm so confused!!! You guys are renting your house and flying the coop to Hawaii. Are you going to school- Is Chris going to school- are you going just to live the dream? I'm a fully supportive Hawaii lover, I'm just definitely out of the loop. You dropped a bomb on this little post! :) xoxo

Mrs. Hornberger said...

I say who cares about other people too! I think its always nice to make new friends and have people to hang out with or what ever, but they never compare to your old friends any way. And being married with kids keeps you busy enough that its hard enough to make time for people you actually care about let alone new people! Any who. My point is, id rather just have my family, as opposed to random new girls to hang out with just for the sake of saying you went and did something fun or you have people to hang with. If you ever get sad and cry, you call me. Love u.
P.S. was doing hair last night when you called me, im sorry!

kellibelli said...

I am like going WOW one way tickets to hawaii????????????????????????????????????????????? Oh my gosh! I am amazed at your faith! I am also glad to know that you are happy. You know, I love you. I am sorry you have been so sick. Your girls are adorable. You are so lucky to have such a great hubby too. You have been richly blessed in your life, and you are a blessing to me. Happy thanksgiving!

The Croft's said...

So cute! I'll add you to our blog!

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

Hey! so you guys are moving? When? How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was good.

jon♥kara said...

Hey Leisa, that's awesome that you have your tickets set to go. You will have so much fun there. Hawaii will probably be one of my top choices for the Air Force as well but i bet that's most peoples. I thought you had student housing squared away to live? Good luck with all the unknown but that's part of the fun I suppose. I'm glad you are turning over a new leaf. I think you will find yourself being more content not worrying about everyone else's life and being happy with your own. I know my mom never had close girlfriends growing up and even to this day it's really just family and it's never seemed to bother her. I don't know why you say you say stupid things and are uncomfortable, I never hear or see you do those things. You are beautiful fun girl, don't worry about things so much and enjoy your life. I know I know much easier said than done, but it looks like your on your way. Oh and with the sewing question I don't really know where to find good fabrics either. I think the best way is to order some. My friend gave me these website and they have some bright colors: quilthome.com, heatherbailey.typepad.com, amybutlerdesign.com Good luck with your search I feel so sad I still haven't had a sewing party. Sorry about the forever long post.

Emily said...

The yard sales were fun! I'm glad you were able to sell lots of stuff. And you're right... bums are cute!!!