August 28, 2008


I know there is a lot to blog about... I'll have to let the ideas come to me as I'm sitting here typing.
Well... I guess I will start with updates.
Chris's company has said several times in the last two weeks or so that they are closing their doors. So he'll call and say, todays my last day... and then a few hours later I talk to him and he says, oh they need a few more things done. So he's still working for JES Builders.. kinda taking it a day at a time.

We had some huge financial blessing come our way in the last two weeks. Chris's last payroll check was on August 8th. We didn't think he would have any more work after that, so its always a challenge to pay tithing when you're simply thinking of the numbers and bills and bottom lines... well, we paid it that Sunday, knowing that the Lord would get us through the month somehow... and that we'd somehow pay our mortgage for the month.... then almost a week later the banks took out all the JES owners $$ out of his account, and they came and took back Chris's paycheck out of the bank.... like a bounced check a week after the check actually cleared! how does that happen??? well, we had luckily been warned in advance and planned ahead for it, i just didn't see how they could take back his paycheck... but they did... and anyway, the accountant for the company gave Chris money from another account somewhere... in a larger amount and in cash. We were able to pay all our bills and have some left over. I've been much more careful at budgeting out money, and I think we're actually ahead of where we normally are- financially speaking. The Lord really does take care of us when we do what we're commanded. I am certain that the Lord is bound and true to bless us when we are obedient. And I'm so grateful that we can count on that. I don't think I am a person with much faith... but I'm definitely growing in my faith in the Lord.
Well... Chris got into a FIRE ACADEMY!!! he was 6th on a waiting list and we didn't really know if he would get in. But we prayed and asked that it would work out and that Chris could do this class so that it would get him into a career that he would be happy at, and then a few days later they called and said he got in. He's going to Central AZ college with my little bro Craiger, and they seem to love the class so far! I'm really excited for Chris to be continuing his education in the Fire Science field. I know its what he really wants to do. I think when we bought the house and had two kids right in a row we thought we gave up the chance to do schooling and stuff... but its not too late! This Academy is perfect too! The Fire I & II licensing is almost nation-wide so where ever we end up, this will really help him get on a department.

As for me... I had to teach Gospel Doctrine this past Sunday... it was really frightening and over-all a really good experience. I am so grateful that it really gave me a drive to study the scriptures. My Sunday was a completely different experience than it normally is. I felt engaged and felt the spirit in all my meetings. I don't think the lesson went super-duper good... but I don't think I bombed either. I secretly wanted to do it again so that I could get better at teaching again, and so that I would still be diving into the Book of Mormon each night. I should anyway... it just hard to make yourself do it sometimes....
OH, which brings me to what I really need help with. To cut back, Chris and I turned off our cable... and I never realized what an enormous amount of time our family dedicates to the stupid TV. I feel like I've had this huge revelation that the Disney Channel and Nickelodian have been raising my children and teaching them, instead of ME!!!! Its so horrible!!! So I've been trying to get different ideas about what to do with the kids to keep then entertained and to help them learn.

Gina Hinton is really good at that stuff, so I've been leaching ideas off of her... but also I need to go bug Leslie and other stellar moms out there that are so good at educating and organization. I have some good ideas, but they all take money, which was what I was trying to cut back on... any cheap learning/toy ideas anyone???

oh!! also, I met with President Speakman on Sunday, our stake president, who I have never met before. What a wonderful and spiritual man! He is unlike all of the leaders I've really had growing up and on my mission. I had a great time talking to him about our family's life and struggles and decisions right now. He was filling out my ecclesiastical endorsement for BYUH and at the end of talking he said, "I'm so excited for you guys!"

I had such a good feeling about things while talking with him. He had a lot of great advise to give and life experiences to share. I am so grateful for inspired leaders. We are truly blessed :)

No comments: