January 22, 2008


January 21st
Keira got her cast on. It was a three hour ordeal... and honestly I think Keira did better with it than I did. We waited forever, then had to go get an additional X-ray in the hospital, more waiting... then back to the doctors and a tad more waiting... then they sent us to the back of the office to wait to get the cast on by a big sweaty dude. but he was a nice big sweaty dude. Keira was getting really tired and sick of it all, but when the big sweaty dude came over to us, she decided to curl up on me and fall asleep. From there on out it was great... they put her hot pink cast on her poor whole leg and we went home... she slept the whole time and took a normal nap once home. The cast didn't phase her that much after she woke up... its just a little heavy and she can't knee-walk like she likes too... so its mostly crawling and a little climbing. and she's not supposed to be able to put weight on it, but she is... there is no stopping kids... I swear.. .they go do what they want to do.

My poor cute little girl.... this will definitely be postponing her walking endeavors for three to four more weeks.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHHH... Poor baby!
She doesn't seem to be too bothered by it though!
I love the HOT PINK!

kellibelli said...

cute shade for the cast...poor girl...and poor you.

the DeCampos Family said...

She looks as sweet as possible for being in a cast. i hope that she is doing good and is getting around as good as expected. But I LOVE The pink cast.

jon♥kara said...

Oh my goodness, I heard that she broke her leg how sad she has all that sickness going on. I just have a little flu and I'm crying, that poor thing. Her pink cast does look stinkin cute on her though. I saw Amy Fife the other day and one of her little girls broke her leg on the tramp too. Hope she feels better soon.

Chelsea said...

That is SO sad! THanks for commenting on my blog so I could come look at your post ... poor little sweetie! That must be SO hard having her leg in a cast ... Talon's is a soft cast/splint thing so it is removable for baths and stuff! I hope both of your girls feel better!

Leslie said...

Poor baby! That picture is so awesome, though. I hope she's doing better now. Oh, and I LOVE the photo of you and Chris. It's a really nice shot of both of you, and I love the angle!
Les.