K-
I totally want to post on here - but just a warning... I'm not in the best mood.
I'm all fluffy funky, chubby chunky, stuck-in-a-house-for-a-month-yucky -
seriously just feel disgusting. So tomorrow is the day.
After my glorious 2 hours of sleep (which is not necessarily in a row) I'm going out running - or waddling - I got to get out and do something.
And after that... I desperately need to find a sitter, because I need to make the trip to town... I'm out of food, and conditioner, and a million other things... and the last time I attempted it (two weeks ago) it ended with me crouching in the isles in pain, and then running out the door gushing blood (TMI - sorry!!) I over-did it trying to chase my monster Kai.
Anyway... the baby is four weeks old today... and in another two days, a month old! It doesn't seem real. There is no way that all of this happened almost a whole month ago! The world must have been spinning and time held still for the first couple weeks, cause it was so surreal (still kinda is) and I just can't believe she is almost a month old.
She definitely started acting more like a newborn a week or so ago... well, the newborns who open their eyes, and have a little bit of cushion on their tush (seriously just a little bit - barely anything). But last week she really started to be awake more, and you could tell she has gotten so big!!! Her torso seems so much bigger, she still has little itty bity midget arms and legs... but she's getting there. And last week - when she was three weeks, she finally started to get some strength in her neck and she held her head up for a little bit. ( I might have said that already, if so, sorry) She sadly has a horrible case of baby acne, just like Kai did!! oh I feel so so bad!! She is so red and it's as if her skin is erupting everywhere!! Nearly her entire scalp and face, and now its moving down all around her collar of her onsies... it's super sad! I hate baby acne! I feel so bad and wonder if her skin hurts her.
K....
Seriously... thanks for any comments on the baby's name...
BUT...
Maybe I have buyers remorse?
No - I love the name Kaylie - I think it's beautiful.
My very, very good friend is Kaelee and she is just gorgeous all the time, so I think it's beautiful, and she's beautiful.
But in the pit of my stomach - that is not the baby's name.
There is something just not right.
And the REAL problem is - i don't know what her name is supposed to be!!!!!
It has been giving me stomach aches I'm so upset about it. and I'll all the sudden be in tears thinking about it (hello! can you say hormones?) and I look at her sweet little face and body and perfect little toes and I still don't know what to call her!!!???
We love her middle name Lehuelani (pronounced lay - who - ah - lani)
There is a legend about Lehua - it's a beautiful flower on a knobby tree that grows out of the lava rock. It's strong and beautiful and loving... and lani means from heaven... our Hawaiian friends found the name for us and we loved it right away. I want to call her Lele or lilly as a nickname from it. (but our sweet neighbor's girl - her middle name is Oulele (ow - lay lay) and they just recently have begun to call her Lele a lot and I don't want to be some poser who copies the local neighbors cause I think they are cool and I totally would copy them ... but am trying not to :)
Some of the names we had included these...
Brinley
Maili
Ari
Kalea
Aleia
Kaylie
I really like all of them... here is a little rundown
The name I was going to say earlier was Aleia Malulani (Ah - lee - yah Mah - loo - lani) I was set on it... but Chris didn't love it. I liked the first name cause the girls could still call her lilly and it almost had my name in it (leisa - aleia - see it?) and I got the chills thinking about Malulani, even thought it's not particularly feminine it means under the protection of heaven. I still have a foundness for Aleia... leah :)... plus it will just add into a bunch of tapia names that are so close... Alyssa, Alicia and Aleia... I think that would be rad
And Chris's #1 vote was for Kalea (Kah-lee-yah... or if you pronounced hawaiian way would be Kah- lay - yah) , but we didn't want to have another K name... so we were ready to go with Aleia.
We like Ari as a nickname, but both don't love a full name like Ariana.... I wanted to change it to something a little different... like Ariella or Arielle still pronounced with a hard A (Are - eee - elle)
And I love my two girls middle names... I would totally do it as a first name... Bree or Belle... but I don't know if it's ligit or not to recycle my older girls middle names for a new first name. I could do Brielle... I seriously love the name Bree.
I like Maili :) I could see myself calling her Mai... girls could call her Lilly
Crap! at least we would all be calling her something!!!
...
AH!!! I don't know...
And the real bummer of it is.... that I put that name on the birth certificate cause the hospital kept calling and calling and pressuring me to give a name and I didn't know what to do...
and then we finally got the little hospital certificate and I need to add the baby to the insurance and everything and it's totally LOST!!! POOF!!! into thin air (or into a crawl space in my messy apartment) but either way I can't find it, and maybe it's a little bit of a sign. I don't feel right... or something doesn't feel right... then this.
How did you name your kids?
How did you know what name was right for each one?
I'm still trying to look at her, waiting for her to tell me, or help me have a stronger feeling about a particular name... Maybe it will be when there is more life behind her little newborn eyes.
Her little blue newborn eyes.
Anyway... that's what's in my head for tonight.
Chris said me writing stream of consciousness is dangerous.
I said, that's how I always write.
But I hope I didn't offend anyone... it's late, I'm not gettin much sleep... and I'm kinda a mean witchy lady sometimes anyway... so my apologies... but I think I just talked about the baby name, right? so I should be good.
Well... back to baby girl Tapia for a name....
All these cute outfits she fits into were given to me by my sister-in-law, Bethany!! Thank you!! she looks cute cause of you!!!
(the little preemie one above.. the yellow one below and the blue polka-dotted one I posted earlier!)
She always sleep with her mouth open! It's so cute! but unfortunately she gets it from me and when you're an adult it's not so cute - HA!
FOUR WEEKS OLD TODAY!
(well this should have been posted yesterday - on Tuesday... but still it's close :)
some more pictures..
These are from the other day at Cassie's new place at Turtle Bay - their pool!
Easter Pictures
At Gunstock Ranch for the annual Easter Egg hunt
Jayd's new bff - Kallie
Self portrait - since we never have pics of us with the kids
Me with the little peanut... she doesn't fit in this carrier... duh - she was like 5 1/2 lbs... but it was cute :)
The creepy easter bunny on a horse announcing the beginning of the egg hunt
the masses of people at the hunt - and this is just the 4 to 6 year old section
the girls being competitive up in the hills
Uh... my kids are cute with their eyes closed :)
Later at TVA... the apartments at student housing do a hunt too... much more eggs here!
At home Easter morning... it wasn't too exciting :) we were (are) pooped
well I guess Jayden got a little excited ha ha ha!
Later Easter Sunday... Scott (a.k.a. greaser-Scott) and our friends came...
I really wanted to get pictures of our Easter... but my hands are more full and I only got one shot like this... There was Kaelee and Ammon, and Ashley and Lyndon, and Uncle Scott... and then Ammon Sister came, Genie, and her friend and her son, and it was so much fun!!
And the end of Easter Day -
And almost every day, Chris lays with the kids to keep Kai in bed so they can all fall asleep. so cute!!
And when my mom was here... Here are a few pictures.. but we really got like none while she was here...
Hukilau Cafe for burgers - yum!!!
the baby in the back of the car going up north shore... it was one of the first times she had her eyes open for a long time
And random pictures of the baby with all her weird faces she makes
some more pictures..
These are from the other day at Cassie's new place at Turtle Bay - their pool!
Kai is always asking to hold the baby now... he lasts for about one minute then says he's done... then asks for her again... then lasts about 30 seconds...it's super cute
Easter Pictures
At Gunstock Ranch for the annual Easter Egg hunt
Jayd's new bff - Kallie
Self portrait - since we never have pics of us with the kids
Me with the little peanut... she doesn't fit in this carrier... duh - she was like 5 1/2 lbs... but it was cute :)
The creepy easter bunny on a horse announcing the beginning of the egg hunt
the masses of people at the hunt - and this is just the 4 to 6 year old section
the girls being competitive up in the hills
Uh... my kids are cute with their eyes closed :)
Later at TVA... the apartments at student housing do a hunt too... much more eggs here!
At home Easter morning... it wasn't too exciting :) we were (are) pooped
well I guess Jayden got a little excited ha ha ha!
Later Easter Sunday... Scott (a.k.a. greaser-Scott) and our friends came...
I really wanted to get pictures of our Easter... but my hands are more full and I only got one shot like this... There was Kaelee and Ammon, and Ashley and Lyndon, and Uncle Scott... and then Ammon Sister came, Genie, and her friend and her son, and it was so much fun!!
The little boys on the ipad... they love it and use it like 50x more than I do
And the end of Easter Day -
And almost every day, Chris lays with the kids to keep Kai in bed so they can all fall asleep. so cute!!
And when my mom was here... Here are a few pictures.. but we really got like none while she was here...
Hukilau Cafe for burgers - yum!!!
the baby in the back of the car going up north shore... it was one of the first times she had her eyes open for a long time
Reminds me of baby jayden
At Matsomoto
And random pictures of the baby with all her weird faces she makes
And I guess Kai too... he's been a ham lately... saying cheese just like this

















8 comments:
hey leis.. you are doing amazing! speaking on terms of not being a mother.. i think you are doing a great job. i love your children as if they were my own. i miss you so much.
i love this little one too. she is beautiful! the name will come. :) miss you
Oh my goodness! What a list of names you have! I really like them all, serioulsy.
I really love all the Hawaiian-ish ones. They are less common. I like less common.
My kids names came from a family history book and maybe the show LOST) and I love that.
Good luck.
What about Auri (just a different spelling of your Ari)? And keep the middle name, or change it to Malulani. Our friends in CA have a little girl named Auri and she is beautiful and they have a cool hip vibe.... Your OB here (the one who delivered the girls and our twins) changed his girls name when she was 3 months old. GOOD LUCK!
Dear Jayden and Keira and Kai, we miss you. And the other baby. We love you guys, bye.
jonah
Dear Jayden, Keira and Kai. I hope you have fun with your little baby. I love you guys and I hope you have a good day at the beach. Your baby is so, so cute. I hope you play with her!!!
eli
(The boys wanted to dictate some comments to you, and they even had to type their own names....love you!)
LEISA.
Bree and I decided we are going to babysit your kids one night. SO you need to tell us what night you want to go out and we will be there.
Erika Takahashi
Shucks on the name drama. I thought you might look at Anela since it means angel in Hawaiian and she is certainly a special little angel. Trust me the process to get a name change is a freking pain but if you find the one meant for her then I suppose it is worth it aye. Neways we should have a party for our little peoples tomorrow coz they are both a month. lol... She is so tiny and cute.
Ack! So much adorableness in one place I can hardly stand it. Don't worry too much about her name...all of those are beautiful and one will stick. :)
your kids are so dang cute! Honestly i have had names picked out for my kids since i was a little girl, and every child before i know what the baby is, josh and i pick a boy name we agree on and a girl name we agree on, that's how we chose our kids names. But i really love MAILI she looks like a MAILI to me! it's beautiful! If i have more than one girl i was going to name her MaiLynn but my first girls name will be TessLea. i know i am dreaming i hope i will have a girl soon! Good luck to you! I know you guys will find a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl! Love you guys!
Post a Comment