December 22, 2010



This past week has been one of the best and most horrible weeks of my life.  I'll only talk about the good and great and wonderful since I'm really in the mood to spill my twisted up guts out onto the internet... followed by my broken heart...  


but back to the great - 

I got through finals this week :)

I got a 98% on my BioChem final - which was well worth the three nights of sleep sacrificed to the science gods.  I come in third in the class... and if you count my kids as extra points, (which I do) that really makes me top of the class :)   which I love :)

I got an extension on my impossible-to-finish interdisciplinary class (IDS - BYU's worst invention ever) and get to finish my paper this week.  :)  That was way better than the alternative, trust me 

I got to be pleasantly surprised by my brother, Bryan :)  I had no idea he was coming...   he was in the front room for like 10 minutes, standing above me, while I did homework with friends, before I even noticed him...  I screamed!  I cried!  It was awesome and wonderful!  :)  I love him!  He makes me laugh :)  He makes me happy  :)

More than half my family was here for graduation...  two brothers and mom and dad... if you count me that's 5/8 of my immediate family!  which was so cool!!

I got to graduate from BYU-Hawaii :)  

Shake Elder L. Tom Perry's hand

Got buried in lei's!!!  (thanks Chris and M&D)

I got great pictures of the day - thanks to my brother Scott, and Kenway (OkayIt'sMe on Facebook) and my old co-workers at the Ke Alakai...  thank you so much!!





Walking into the CAC for Graduation Ceremony - Courtesy Kenway

Elder Perry Speaking at Graduation about Service :)  It was great!
He was so sweet!!  after Chris and my brothers yelled for me after they say your name, Elder Perry laughed and asked who that was... I told him it was an excited husband and a bunch of kids :)  He was so so sweet... I could have shook his hand all day long and talked to him - photo by Scott

Walking out of the ceremony - totally the last one... but I think they save the highest GPA for last... or possibly the oldest...? ...  or the most ridiculously excited!!  :)



My BioChem professor - Dr. Lukov...  wanted to kill him this semester, but I really like him too

















My Diploma - photo by moi

17 December 2010
It was a wonderful day




7 comments:

Bethany said...

I've been meaning to text you the past few days. Congrats girl! You look SO happy to be done! You deserve a nice little break! I hope you had tons of fun with your family there... wish we had the money to be there. Congrats again :)

Brynn said...

Awesome pictures! I love the one where 1/2 of your face is covered by the leis. You look hot and I totally miss you! I think I'll try calling you.

Carrie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

kellibelli said...

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! These are so cool! I actually got teary! I am so happy for you! What a HUGE accomplishment! I am amazed that you were able to finish with kids and all your responsibilities. Amazing! Congrats!

Jessica said...

Congrats Leisa! That's great that Bryan and your parents got to come out for you graduation! I know you've been working on it for a long time and now you're done. Nice job sticking with it.

Gina said...

Congratulations! You look beautiful, by the way.

Jody Weiss said...

Congratulations Leisa! What a great accomplishment!