January 13, 2010

Baby Gavin Norton's funeral service was today... and quickly before I go to bed I wanted to write down a few of my feelings and things I remember.

Gavin's parents were so powerful and strong and full of hope and faith.  It was so inspiring.
As we sang the closing song, Families can be together forever...  Richie had his arm around Natalie...  she looked up at him, they both kinda squeezed each other a little tighter and smiled a little bit. Then he lovingly kissed her forehead.  It was such a sweet moment.  It was as if to say, "Yes hun, we will be together forever with each other and with our baby."...or at least that is what I heard my heart saying for them

Natalie was a vision of Faith and of love.  She was an honorable, worthy mother, a virtuous women... Some sweet little girls from their ward were singing their hearts out until they were crying and singing their hearts out.  After they finished, the young girls started to walk away from the podium... just bawling, but Natalie rose from her chair and raced to them and grabbed and embraced them.  Wow... how did her heart have so much love and assurance to give when it must be broken.  She is just amazing.  

Richie was a perfect example of a righteous father in Zion and a priesthood holder.  He was funny and sweet...  he shared a lot of stories about their sweet baby and the other boys.  Richie said as each of his sons came into this world he wanted to be the first to read them the scriptures, the Word of God.  He wanted it to be his voice...  he shared the scriptures with us....  I just am in awe of their dedication to the gospel.  Christ has been and will ever be at the center of their lives..  Their testimonies have touched my heart.  It was just such a wonderful experience to hear the words that were sung and spoken.

I want so much more now to be so much better.  I really need to work harder at it.  I am so far from where I could be and where I could bring my family to be.   I will repent and try harder.  :)  much harder.

Anyone who has gone to Natalie's blog, go again and read the comments people have left.  I just am so touched by the many many people that have had their testimonies increase because of this little miracle, this pure child.  As I have read of people who said, "I don't pray, but now I do, for your Gavin"...   ah!  my heart!  It is just rejoicing with the power of this experience.  I am so grateful Natalie saw fit to open her heart and her experience with the world.  I am so grateful for their influence and example... so grateful for their faith, their power.  Really, the power of the Spirit of the Lord that has been upon them.

I've been thinking a lot about sweet little Garrett Russell.
 The Lord has taught me so much by placing me in proximity to wonderfully faithful people who are influential and righteous and who have suffered shocking and painful loss in this life.  Thank you for being willing to experience this in mortality so that you could teach and strengthen others. 

My testimony of our Heavenly Father's Plan for Happiness for us has been strengthened so much.
My gratitude for my own children the Lord has lent me has increased and hundred times over.
My desire to better lead them in light and truth... back into the arms of their loving Savior... immeasurable.  :)

I love the Lord.  I am so grateful that he lived and died for us.  And I Know that HE LIVES.  Because He Lives, we too shall live.  :)  we will live again :)  and "that same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with eternal glory..." - D&C 130:2

So-

We,  and especially,    I  

have WORK to do.



to be better


much

much

better   :)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thank you for this article. Like so many others I learnt about this on the Internet. Natalie's strength and unwavering faith have moved me beyond words. Like you, I've realised there's so much work to be done in my life. Gavin and his family are truly a blessing. I couldn't go to his funeral because I live very far away. Also, this is the second article I've found detailing what happened. Thank you!
Kimberly
(West Indies)

S.N.D said...

Love all that you said, I could say no more. :)

The Tafuna Family said...

thank you leisa. oxo