November 4, 2009

WOW-- okay people, I will get to talking about my kids and halloween and stuff... but for now, I'm going to talk about...  me
I know- 
not a shocker

So since the semester started one and a half months ago... I have maybe gotten out to exercise twice...  otherwise my days consist of  studying all night, sleeping in as late as possible... going to class, praying for God-sent family nap time... sometimes more class... and then waiting for Chris to get home...  

Meanwhile....

I have developed quite the appetite.

It actually makes tons of sense...  lack of sleep leads to rising cortisol, increased depression, loss of energy...and all of these things lead you to eat more... which creates another nasty cycle of more and more eating for the same amount of satisfaction.

So...  I've gained at LEAST 5LBS...

very depressing....


Anyway, my jogging class started monday...    

one word....


AWESOME!


and three more words...


KICK MY BUTT!


anyway, I had a glorious sunrise struggle ---->  about 1.5 miles running around laie.  

Man can I feel those 5+ extra lbs.

And at the last stretch, I wanted to walk so bad, but I kept thinking about the biggest loser that I watched last night (and every Tuesday night) and thought -  "Don't quit, Don't quit!  If those big people can do it, you definitely can...  mind over body"

so... I made it for that last stretch  

yay for me....

but now begins (AGAIN) the fight for weightloss...  and more than that... just to be healthier again... I need to eat better, eat less, sleep more, exercise more, and take better care of me and then I will better be able to take care of my FAMILY and my STUDIES....




And then let me just say,

I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD!  I'M SO SORRY THAT I SNAGGED HIM UP AND EVERY GIRL CAN'T HAVE THE AWESOME MAN THAT I HAVE... BUT HE IS SO SUPPORTIVE AND LOVING AND PATIENT...  he has helped me so much by taking over so so many of the household stuff and let me go study.  He has done laundry and dishes and takes out the trash and takes care of the kids hours at a time to let me go study at school and take tests and what not...
He's also been running every night and is looking so awesome and it is really motivating to me to see him do it after everything else he does all day.

Love you Chris



k....

so to come... picks of the kiddos for halloween and what we did and what not... :)

2 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

that jogging class helped my hubby lose 20 lbs in 6 weeks!!! lucky right? I think I need to take so I'll be forced to run every day. :)

kellibelli said...

Well, i think it is pretty amazing that you are there doing this....I could NEVER EVER do what you are doing....I am sending you prayers and hugs! You di have a great hubby, and you always look great!