October 20, 2009

Today I talked to my mom and it got me really thinking...
I was trying to get Kai to make his cute noises into the phone for her... I said, you know, Mom- talk to him...   and I think she said something like...  "not that he knows me"  or "knows who I am"... something like that...
Then my girlfriend DaNelle watched the kids again...  she'd been busy with her mom staying with her last week so we didn't see her much, but she was telling me all the new things Kai does...  like just in the last week I stopped swaddeling him to help him get to sleep.  He really started loving his tummy...  then in the last couple days he just started rolling around the house and bed and where ever he is...    
.... so I'm just thinking it is so weird how the kids change so fast...

and mostly I was thinking how sad it is that we are so far away (no matter how inspired by the Lord, or how selfishly motivated)...  our family is missing so much of what the kids are doing, and how they are growing and learning...

So... my new idea/ goal is to put videos on instead of just pictures...  I always want the perfectly cute smiling pictures on... so it leaves out the REAL- ness of my little kiddos...  the attitudes, and tantrums and funny kids stuff... and dirty faces...  I don't put on pictures of that stuff..  I should, but I usually edit myself and don't... cause I want beautiful pictures of my beautiful kids...

Well...  this is just kinda stream of consciousness writing here...

Jayden, I can't believe she is almost FOUR!   K- I can't believe she's almost 4 and I'm still buying her pull-ups (boy ones... she loves the blue and the cars) and we stopped buying them for Keira a while ago...   k, sorry to start off with a bad one Jayd- but its funny...  she just struggles in her deep deep sleep.. that kid won't budge at all... she just needs those pullups still...  She is so rough and tumble.. she's a wild child-mile a minute...  
We've been practicing for the primary program that's next week.  I can't believe we're having our first kid in a primary program (boy that makes me feel old)  but she's got all these awesome primary songs... like ALL the good ones that just make you melt into a gooey fountain of tears mess- they are so good...    she sings them all day long... well, she sings the melody, but with her own words....   she sings about her dog and her purple pants she likes.... random stuff.  She's so funny

Keira- she is really a super princess... i think we tell her it all the time, and she really believes she should constantly be surrounded by jewels and ponies and fairies.. and have on a pretty princess gown, and everything should be done for her...  its cute.  We got her her Sleeping beauty dresss for halloween and she wore it every day until the arm ripped off... now I have to fix it  ... boo! 
She loves to dance and sing.  Her talent is really more the movement, where Jaydens is her perfect pitch singing (she's awesome - really!)   so Keira and Jayd and I have been pulling up you tube of Beyonce doing the "ring on it" song and dancing around our apartment... she says, "Mom!!  I want the "Oh Oh Oooooh song'"   we have so much fun  
Keira's been funny in her own little world lately talking with funny voices and characters. :)

Kai... he's already doing everything I said up there... he is so cute-  talking, cooing, we hang out... he grabs my face and pulls it in to his and I talk to him and kiss him and give him nose blows- he loves it!   He's totally gonna be mobile in a few weeks, its so sad.. i just want him little and perfect like he is.  He's loving his bumbo and almost getting the strength to sit up.  He pulls his knees up under him a lot!  watch out!!  
good nurser- amazing barfer- still...  he's a lot of fun..  he likes his naps, and loves to lay outside and look around.   I've still only gone like once or twice, but this past week we went to the beach and kai chilled on the blanket on the sand, then fell asleep.  He loves the outside 
Chris and I were talking about him playing football... and he said, somethin like, not here, he's a white boy... he'll have to surf and play the guitar or something...   if you've seen the players coming out of Kahuku High, you'll know why he said that...  ha ha... i dunno... that was random

Well..  I'm just pooped and rambling..   7+ hours of studying today +2 hours in class...  and its 1am... my little brain is about pooped

I'll get some videos on here soon of the kids... I have the one of Kai talking so cute... I'll have to get the girls doing something fun tomorrow :)


2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love the real-ness...keep it coming! Everyone's kids have + and - stuff...whether they share it on the blog or not. Don't worry!

Carrie said...

I love the update. Hope you get some rest!