August 6, 2009

So aside from my little angels (hint of sarcasm) escaping several times today to go play at their friends houses w/o asking me (and we love you friends... that street just makes me nervous now that the girls are getting a little too independent) .... THIS was our day

Before:



During:



After:




Jayden was a champ. She was all spastic with her tired energy, bouncing off the walls, talking a mile a minute in her funny high voice, but also totally knew what was going on with the thing that would scrub her teeth and tickle her gums and the suction thing startled her a little bit, as it does us all when it suddenly attaches to the tongue or cheek....

Keira was very very good until the time came to get in the chair. She refused. I had Jayden and Kai to take care of, but no where to put Kai down so I could help ease Keira into the dental chair. I tried having Jayden hold Kai (who was thankfully asleep - love you little buddy... your timing is stellar some times!) so that lasted for about 15 seconds before his head was flopping everywhere... anyway... thankfully the dental assistant came in and I just had her hold kai instead of holding down the now, FRANTIC, 2 year old. So I held down a screaming Keira and the crocidille sized tears poured down the sides of her face as the AMAZING DDS did her handy work - and did it quickly. She was awesome... GO TO HER! Island Dentistry for Children in Kailua, HI... seriously, the whole office was amazing with my kids. Best professional experience I've had here on the island... that includes all my OB and delivery and everything... they were really good, really nice, and really fast!

So our first trip ever to the Dentist was a success. I am so proud of us :) and proud of my brave girls... i have promised presents, but have yet to deliver... Real soon my princesses (oh sorry Jayd... she is a Captain, pirate captain to be more specific... Captain Jayden, and her sister is princess Keira... they have all kinds of adventures that you couldn't even imagine.)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

hope you got my text message! I am horrible and haven't passed out about three fourths of the invites! I didn't know which apt was yours so I just texted instead. Come have fun with us! hope to see ya there at 10:30! :)