no- just kidding
Chris and I spoke today in our ward. It was crazy. Thankfully the girls sat with Danelle and Josh Nead and they were pretty good for the first part of it... Jayden and Jace are like maniac energizer bunny children and can get pretty rowdy, but they did really good -
so THANK YOU THANK YOU so much D & J for watching them for us... total life saver.
and for some reason Kai hates church... he squirms and screams and is not happy... Cassie came and took him off my hands for my talk - THANK YOU TOO!
Today was the first time I have ever spoken w/o extensive research and outlining and study... it made me want to vomit all over myself - being so unprepared. But I could feel the spirit and I hope it went really well.
I love hearing Chris speak. He did such a good job. There is like this part of him the springs to life when he gets going. I get to kinda peak back in time to when I knew him as Elder Tapia. He is a great teacher and speaker. I love it!
So 2 stressful, but wonderful Sundays in a row. We now will be taking two weeks off from church to recoop-
k, just kidding-
We are going to mainland for the next two Sundays and its going to be great!
oh- also wanted to record that Kai turned over for the first time today. He is very strong and loves to sit up and stand up... he hates his stomach still, but I put him on it for a little bit today, and before I knew it, he had gotten one arm down at his side and was pushing with the other and with his legs and kinda got himself to roll onto his side.... from there he was kinda stuck - thanks to his big ole head. but I was excited... the first of many fun movements to come. I should make sure to give him more tummy time and I know he'll start doing it all the time, I just never do cause he's such a happy CHILL baby and will just hang out forever on his back, talking, kicking, and then peacefully falls asleep.
He's such a blessing to our family.
The girls are adorable... Jayden got super blond hair this week going out in the sun a little more... we are trying to work on our tans to take w/ us to visit AZ. Keira is a sweet stinker. The two of them worked on cutting with scissors today, which Jayden likes to call "lizards"... and Jayden wrote her first really super good letter... "J" she was very excited, and loves the praise she gets. poor thing, I think she's a little bit like mom... just naturally seeking approval from others.. I hope I can help her have a healthy confidence in herself, who she is, and who she is becoming. man... I could go on and on about this topic... and probably will at some point...but...well.. that's all for tonight.. I'm so so pooped!
7 comments:
oh you should have told me that you were speaking I could have come and helped with the kids :)
Sad you are leaving for 2 weeks, HAVE FUN!!!!
We'd love to see you when you come to AZ!
I wish I could have made it to the blessing. The huz had a to help out a neighbor though. And my kids would not have made it through one more minute of church. Great Pix though! ANd, can I please come with you to AZ? I'm sure I can squeeze into your luggage?!?!
Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday....and I'm sure you did a great job speaking....you are a great teacher. We still miss you and your darling family.....hopefully you will come for a visit in the near future.
Becky
Hey there... just stocked down your blog since your hubby announced that you had one! Ha! LOVE it! You guys did awesome by the way... I would have never guessed that you didn't prepare ahead of time:) I sent you an email invite to our blog too... Have a good time on your Vaca...
Happy Birthday yesterday! Hope it was wonderful!
having fun in AZ???
i saw it was your birthday over on cassie's blog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
how many years young??
see you when you get back!
Post a Comment