October 8, 2008

So Monday Chris came home, a little later than I would have liked, but after being home a while, he finally says, "Well, I cut the top of my finger off today" - just like that... all nonchalant, and he's got this huge left hand pointer finger all wrapped up with white plumber's tape covering one little, disgusting blood soaked band aid. It was no bueno.
So if you are squeemish... don't look at these pictures... cause I thought I had a pretty tough stomach and he was like following me around yelling, "Nurse Leisa!" and I was gonna barf.
Chris has been cracking many a joke about it. Like, "Oh, I have nine more! I don't need that one" and "It's was no good anyway... it just got in the way" But I have been really worried about him getting an infection or just him being in pain all day, but he goes and drywalls anyway. Just about all I could do was go to walmart and get our own little arsenal of sterilizing products, wrap and gauze. I was surprised to see that they have just about everything we used in the ER to wrap up stuff. today is day three and it's looking a little better.

This is right after he got home... he had to rip off the band aid that had stuck to the open finger... it was bad bad bad... it bled for like an hour and he was squeezing it to slow down the blood and help dull the pain. BAD NIGHT!

Then the it finally started coagulating a little bit here....

yesterday the "non-stick" stuff I wrapped it up in stuck to it again! and we did not want to have it bleed again. He soaked his hand for like three hours to get it off. poor guy! it still didn't look good... but I could get a better look at it with all that dry blood finally cleaned off.

It looks even better today. It looks like there is less of a gouge out of his finger.
I know you guys might think its gross... I just think it is cool... that's why I'm so detailed.
I think Chris was really lucky. We are really blessed. There are so many horrible construction accidents that happen all the time.... and he finally got a bad one. he's had some bad cuts before, but this one really was the worse i think.
I think the Lord is telling us "hello! I think you need me and need to talk to me again!" We got out of our couple prayer routine and we've had some trials come our way. Its definitely time to get back to it.

1 comment:

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

Oh no! Dont you love how guys are? When DJ was working at the cabinet shop everytime he would call, I was always worrying if he had done something. I defiantly went past the pictures and they still made me quisey in fast forward.