Our Vehicle History
We have owned a lot of cars since we were married and dating just four years ago... And since we have the newest addition to our family, I thought it would be fun to do a little run down.
First while I was on my mission and Chris was writing me, he bought this huge monster Chevy Truck, baby blue, lifted way up with the biggest tires i've ever seen. I think it got like 7 miles to the gallon... maybe, and drove it every day to see me after I got home, from gilbert up to North Mesa and back, and usually back again and back again. It was the coolest truck ever! He sold it to buy a plane ticket to fly out of propose to me in Hawaii. We wish he'd maybe gotten a credit card instead and kept the truck... but my man was willing to sacrifice that for me... sweet isn't he!
Then he was kinda car-less... and might I add, he quit his job at Bally's doing sales and front desk, to do masonry work, bricking mostly church buildings all over the valley in the 100+ degree weather so he could make more money... again, another huge sacrifice for us. And we both got around somehow in this old white hooptie... it was an old, ghetto suburu that had speakers drilled into the door panels... oh, it was crazy... but it had a nice little CD player... until it got stolen...? and they ripped the antena off the car and bent it and through it inside with all the loose wires and crap... how lame
Anyway, we used that for quite a while... until... yeah!! We bought a Ford F-150, the truck i've always wanted... Chris discouraged me from getting this fire red one that I just loved! so we ended up with this tan one and it was still just so awesome! We tried to sell it for a couple months cause we were expecting Jayden and thought we should get a family car. Wish we wouldn't have sold that one either! Chris could have used a good truck all these years in his work! But oh well...
Before we sold the truck, we bought the Malibu... loved it... just recently sold it after two years of ownership... probably the longest we've ever owned anything yet.

Meanwhile... Chris found the sweetest Jeep ever! This one I really am lamenting that we sold! It was just the coolest Jeep ever. Chris used it for work from Queen Creek to Mesa and blew up the engine on the freeway... it cost a ton of money to get it running again... and I think we had three car payments and a little baby... and we just couldn't keep the jeep financially... Chris by then had his other chevy truck for work, and couldn't use the Jeep for work... what a bummer... I made him sell it to help our budget and I feel so bad about it now!! nothing I could do, it needed to be done, but not that Chris has a company Truck, I wish we had the JEEP!!!
I did mention Chris's 1987 Chevy Silverado... total mexican truck right... his brothers say it looks like its from the reservations...

Then in June, while we were trying to sell the Malibu, we just got a great deal on our Tahoe... we love love love it!!! (except the big gas tank)
And now... dah, dah, da- dahhh!!! We just brought back from our trip the cutest (and for Chris I mean toughest, most little pimped out) VW Bug ever. Its mostly restored and all original... not chopped and dropped or anything yet... and we just have a few things to do to it and it will be our new economical car (ha, ha ) we plan on using it to get out to mom and dad's!
2 comments:
Why did you leave early this morning??? I don't know how you dealt with selling all of those cars. I hate selling them, it is not fun. But now you have a lovely Tahoe now!!!
Wow, you have owned a lot of cars. Congrats on your CUTE little bug!
Post a Comment